NEW ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES (ASTs) SIGNED ON OR AFTER 1 JUNE 2019
- No Application Fees
- Holding Deposit (per tenancy)
One week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
- Security Deposit (per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year)
Deposit equal to five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
- Unpaid Rent
Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
- Lost key(s) or other entry or security device
Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other Security Device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
- Variation of Contract £50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s (Tenant’s Request) instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
- Change of Sharer £50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. (Tenant’s Request)
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
- Early Termination
Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the (Tenant’s Request) landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancyuntil the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
EXISTING ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES (ASTs) SIGNED BEFORE 1 JUNE 2019 AND EXPIRING UP TO 31ST MAY 2020
The following fees apply for tenancies signed before the 1st June 2019. For tenancies signed before 1st June the following fees will apply until the 31st May 2020, unless the tenancy is renewed before this date.
For tenancies signed after the 1st June 2019, a new tenant schedule fee schedule will apply. This is detailed separately.
- Application Fee for rooms: £180+vat (£150+vat)
- Single Application Fee: £195 (£234+vat)
- Additional Applicants: £84 (£70+vat)
- Guarantor Application Fee: £84 (£72+vat)
- Saturday Check In Fee: £54 (£45+vat)
Managed Tenant Fees
- Housekeeping Inspection (return routine visit): £60 (£50+vat)
- Late Payment Fee: £42 (£35+vat)
- Check Out Fee: £90 (£108+vat)
- Check Out Fee for rooms: £72 (£60+vat)
- Renewal Fee: £90 (£75+vat)
- Arrears Visit Fee (in the event of non payment of rent and no response to email, phone, SMS) : £60 (£50+vat)
- Emergency Lockout Callout Charge (outside of office hours) £90+vat (£108)
-Early Termination Fee (surrender of tenancy) (single let properties) £400+vat (£480)
- Early Termination Fee (surrender of tenancy) (rooms) £250+vat (£300)
- Return overpaid rent £25+vat (£30)